Sunday 21 August 2011

Not Even close to be Called Disable

It’s Sunday morning and I was doing my laundry when suddenly thought struck me. Disabilities are just a TERM. Let me say it again, ia hanya terma. I’ve been blessed and i’ve been inspired by so many people, and these people are not even closed to be called disabled person. Trust me. I know the different. Just open up your heart and try to see a little more closely. You might see what I see.


The Trend Setter

When I was in university (and I’m still in the university (-_-!), I met Kak Asmaq. I have to mention here that she’s a deaf and mute. But she inspired me a lot! A lot, I must say but I’ll just mention one. I have to say that she have the greatest sense of style! I could even say that she’s a fashionista! And I’ve been inspired by her choice of fashion, her baju kurung, her dress, her blouse, her hijab, even the fabric of her choice is just so fashion forward and I’ve been influence by her (Kak Asmaq, you may not realise it, but now I hope you do). Forget about the deaf and the mute, she’s an observant! And she observes pretty well to the extent that she always make the right choice! And somehow I do envy her in a good way. Remembering back all those years we have been together, we are actually the loudest people in mute! We speak sign language. Seriously mute but loud! (up to your imagination to wonder how loud we are :)

Kak Asmaq is now a Teacher


Kak Asmaq wearing Abaya and Scarf

Hana Tajima Style



The Confidante

Pak Cik Khairi (o.k, he’s not a pak cik yet but I called him pak cik). God! You are one of the most amazing guy I’ve ever met! And you are one of the people that I can’t even consider as a disabled. Not even close! You have been a great friend! You’re confident, you’re flamboyant, flirtatious and your sense of humour and kindness has inspired me and for all those years have make life much more colourful! Honestly, I do envy your confident and your perseverance. If you want something, you really go and get it. Nothing could stop you. Literally, you have fall, and you fall hard but somehow you manage to get up again on your own. Thank you for all those wonderful years and it really did leave a mark on me.


Always been popular among the girls...haha

Pak Cik is now a GTK - Great Teacher Khairi!

The Learner

Khai, I met you and I’ve known you as a sclerosis person.  But then, I grew up knowing and learning that it doesn’t matter, it really doesn’t. In the process of searching and looking for whom we really are. We have learnt a lot from each other. You have learnt something from me (I miss to hear you say that I’m your idol... in what way, only god knows... haha) and i’ve been inspired by your rebelliousness, your way to speak up your mind and how care free you are. We have been a pair of friend that shines the whole world! We actually did. A perfect Ying and Yang! I hope I’ve inspired you to become a stronger person, much more confident regardless of our weaknesses, because I know, you did change me a lot to become a better me.

Khai Center - She's now a PLKN Trainer and believe it or not - she's wearing the military boot!

Ying & Yang Twin

To kak Asmaq, Khairi and Khai. From the bottom of my heart. I want to say thank you for being part of my life. Thank you for being the inspiration! I have learnt that, I am a better me when I am ME :)

p/s: someone should have proof read this entry before I publish it but it doesn’t matter lah because I’m not writing about grammar kaaaann kan kan...  (see... i have my own flaws too – I’m grammatically incorrect :p

::: pena iman nur aima


1 comment:

  1. Ader ckit dengki di hati.....
    hehehe...
    Great story kak....
    Great one

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...